Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard about a lake called Loon Lake up in Lake County, I was wondering if anyone knows about this lake. Specifically I want to know if one can take a gas motor on this lake? I heard this was a very nice lake with crystal clear waters. And according to couple of sites I visited it says they have coho in there. I am skeptical about this, but who knows I guess they could be in there. If anyone knows anything about this lake please let me know.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have fished east and west loon no coho water is same color of the chain speedboats will kill you in the summer, nothing good or bad about them ,canit fish both lakes unless you got a real shallow boat the channel between the two was partial filled in by a land owner

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Have fished a few times used to be great fish in it , Pike , Muskies, Good sized Largemouth, and even a few Walleyes. Dont quote me on it but i think lake has gone down, just from talking to a few guys i know who fish it. I dont think locals like outsiders fishing it, have been problems in past in parking lot. Make sure you pay i believe last time i was there it was 10bucks to launch. If i remember a good place to fish was the shoreline were the railraos tracks run along it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.