Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is a great point Cranked. Personally, I like to just replace the hooks because I find that sharpening them leads to rusting.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Replacing hooks is the way I always do it. Not even that. You can re-blance your baits differently with different size and brand hooks. Mixing and matching can make a big difference. as well as species of fish you are targeting.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I had some really bad days last year for hook sets. Like zero for seven solid bites :cry: Maybe I should go back to mono instead of braid or get a softer rod? My hooks were new gamakatsus so I dont think that was it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I really gotta look into sharpening my hooks this week, but I've never done it before. I've always just slapped a new hook on, but with these tough times money-wise, I gotta change my ways. How do you guys do it, and what do you use?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
svslider said:
I have a spyderco sharpmaker that will sharpen anything. Its got stones that have a groove for fishhooks.
How does that work for ya man? Pretty good?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.