Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lucky Craft Rick Clunn crankbaits are on sale at Bass Pro Shops and http://www.basspro.com for $9.94 apiece. The usual price is $15.99 apiece. If you like 'em, get 'em while they last. 8)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have always held off on buying Lucky Craft, simply cuz I can;t see spending so much on one bait. How do their crankbaits differ from the like of Rapala, which is my fav? Someone see if you can talk me into buying a couple of these..... :p

Also, I got a $10 off $20 purchase coupon, so i can really do some damage on these if someone can talk me into it! :lol: 8)

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
They will run str8 out of the box and after a couple of bumps will still run true unlike a rapala.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Aris hit it right on the money. I am a big fan of the Pointers as when you pause the bait. It will sit perfectly level and not rise or sink slowly unlike many other brand jerk-baits. The only problem I have with the baits is the damn eyes always fall off. :lol: But I have noticed that does not make a difference to the fish :wink:

LuckyCraft is one of my favorites. Especially the top-water Sammys. :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
All components are high quality. From the hooks, snap, paint job etc. They run true and can take a beating. I just wish pike did not like them so much. Its hard for me to keep any stock of them with the biteoffs I get bass fishing. I got Yami a Big Daddy Wake Lucky Craft for Christmas and I don't think he has even used it. Whats up with that Yami???? :lol:

Wrench, I like the Sammy too :wink:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I've thrown the Sammy's right next to Lew's Speed Pencil, and Matzuo's huntin' dog, and I cannot tell a difference. I understand the components are better, but I go through lures so fast, I just can't justify the cost of LC's.

Plus, I'm on a VERY limited budget. That makes a big difference in the bass fishing world. My goal is to get the most bang for my buck, not the most buck for the bang. < that sounds sooooo wrong don't it? :roll:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
SpecialEd said:
My goal is to get the most bang for my buck, not the most buck for the bang. < that sounds sooooo wrong don't it? :roll:
Couldn't agree more with you Ed... None of my rods or reels ever set me back more than $50... Unless they are literally given to me, why spend so much? Most I spent on a crankbait was $8.50 and they catch plenty of bass... My gear doesn't hamper my chances of catching fish...

BPM

·
Registered
428 Posts
i cant see spending that much on a crank expecially since im bound to lose it

·
Registered
156 Posts
FishinMatt said:
.... I got Yami a Big Daddy Wake Lucky Craft for Christmas and I don't think he has even used it....
I'll send you my Christmas List this year! :wink:

SpecialEd said:
...I'm on a VERY limited budget. That makes a big difference in the bass fishing world. My goal is to get the most bang for my buck...
I noticed you stopped bringing the beer to our outings...and the verbal abuse I took from you when I ate your only Zone Perfect Bar.....sheesh! :roll:
:lol: :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.