Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1cubsfan and I hit up the Main Pool this morning from 6am-11am. It was chilly, windy and rainy. I caught one dink on a green hulagrub and Tony caught 4 nice ones on a Chatterbait.

Tony let me use one of his chatterbaits for 45 mins and I was really impressed with the amount of vibration it puts off. It was definitely the lure of choice today. I think the vibration really helped with the water being so stained from the recent rain.

Four of the five fish were caught in the calm water that was sheilded from the wind.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Great job on this windy & chilly morning :shock:

Nice chatter fish Tony !

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
http://www.windycityfishing.com/forums/ ... php?t=3290

"The ultimate bait of the day was my blue/black chatter with a white chatter tip."

AH yes Tony + stained water + Chatter baits = Lots of nice bass

History(and a patteren) has repeated it self :lol:

Well done Tony :wink:

I think the Armada is ready for a north pool adventure :lol:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BassCaster said:
http://www.windycityfishing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3290

"The ultimate bait of the day was my blue/black chatter with a white chatter tip."

AH yes Tony + stained water + Chatter baits = Lots of nice bass

History(and a patteren) has repeated it self :lol:

Well done Tony :wink:

I think the Armada is ready for a north pool adventure :lol:
All true except last time spinnerbaits worked well too. This time I couldn't get a bite on them all day. :(

I think the Armada should make the first apperance of the season in a few weeks also!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I hear ya Sean. At the Lagoons last year Tony was on a stained water/chatter bait bite and I was using a spinnerbait and got NADA. The
different virbration of the chatter bait made all the difference. :wink:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I dont know about that. I used a spinnerbait the whole day that day and went fish for fish with the chatterbait. I agree the chatterbait is a great stained water lure, but whether it was better or worse than a spinnerbait, I couldnt say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.