Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with a buddy to Mallard between 5 and 7 tonight. Got into a few decent crappies and some decent springtime bass.

This guy hit a Mepps #5 spinner, couldn't believe it.

Decent spring bass, again with the Mepps.

Inline spinners were working well tonight.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
casterus said:
Hey Steve nice fish. :D
Hey Wrench.You are allowed to wade Mallard.I'll see ya there.
Adam
Are you sure? I thought wading any of the Forest Preserve waters were a no-no. Anyways, all you have to do is push over the tall grass and you're golden. Made it out tonight also, same place, but even more fish. For 2 hours, it was steady. Mostly dinks, but incredibly steady.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Steve you're right.That was my fault.Didn't check this.From DuPage Forest Preserve site:
"...Anglers are permitted to fish from the shore, docks or boats where permitted, but are not allowed to use waders, rubber rafts or other flotation devices...".I saw some people wading there.So they doing this illegal.Sorry for my mistake.By the way I saw you there tonight with a friend :wink:
Adam

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, Mallard is a great lake if you aren't afraid to do some walking. That's actually my buddy in the pictures, but yeah, we were both there tonight, again from about 530 to 715. Where/who were you? We talked to like 3 people walking to our "spot", were you one of them?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, small world. Nice to put a face to the name. I'm sure I'll see you around. Good job on the bass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.