Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster. I wanted to put this up last week but my registration wasnt complete.

Me and a friend went out to Mallard lake last saturday, and for the second time that I have gone there I got skunked again. We were fishing the penninsula across from the dock with suckers and large fatheads. Nothing at all not even a bite. We got there around 6:30 am.

We had worked the shore with the suckers and minnows and werent getting anything. I decided to keep the sucker on, hoping for a nice pike. I switched out the minnow to try some lures. I tried everything, spinners, spoons, and even my favorite as seen on TV lure, the banjo minnow. Nothing at all.

So we decided to go to our local fishing pond. I love it there, not alot of traffic at all and there are some decent fish hiding in there. Through out my sucker in the little off stream to the other pond and had a big bobber on. The bobber went down like crazy. The line snapped and I saw my bobber swim away. I've always know there were some big fish hiding in there, and I think I found one of them.

Other than that I caught a little large mouth about 10 inches fairly fat (pregnant?) a tiny yellow belly, and a crappie.

So my main question here is. WHERE ARE ALL THE FISH IN MALLARD?!?!?

·
Registered
382 Posts
hahha, yeah, Mallard can be tough as hell sometimes. The pike bite is on though, I've caught several in the past week. All using inline spinners and buzzbaits. Caught my first bass in a while from Mallard yesterday on a J-11 rapala. Decent little bass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.