Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Hey Roleplay,

I use to fish that lake alot as a kid but I ocassional get out there once in a while now for some pike action. I havent been there this year yet but yes the pike action is pretty good there when its overcast and windy. Actually any lake is good with those condition. Anyways work the windy points with spinnerbaits, lippless crankbaits, and slug-go's which have produce for me in the past. In the summer the weeds start to thicken at certain pockets and points that provide excellet topwater action for Bass and pike. I have caught pike on frogs while fishing for Bass. But in my past experince there, live bait ( Med Roaches ) has always out fish artical. I dont know why, it could be me but that is my past experience with the lake. A small carry on boat can be use to fish the lake / trolling motor only. They also stocked 500 Muskies in the lake last year.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I never have any luck there, but I don't venture too far away from the boat launch. Last September, they released some muskie fingerlings, so that should be fun in a couple of years, once they get some size on them. The size limit for them is 48". :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've only grabbed a couple of small bass in there on the west side of the lake. It's so big that it's tough to cover. I've heard that the north end of the lake is better but I can't find any recent reports.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
vcackerman said:
I've only grabbed a couple of small bass in there on the west side of the lake. It's so big that it's tough to cover. I've heard that the north end of the lake is better but I can't find any recent reports.
Hey vcackerman,

Yes the north west end of the lake is better. The north west side of the lake has some big flats with a few deep holes which I beleive makes a good area for feeding fish. Also you dont want to over look the cove on the east side of the lake. I have pulled some monster bass and a few 30+ inch pikes out of that cove. The cove is about 20ft deep with surrounding submerge vegetation which I think is a key area for pike and bass in the summer. I have always fished that area with a 3/8 weight with a 14-18inch leader with a small float and a fat roach. The float is to help the roach swim freely above the submerge weeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.