Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit mallard for an hour and a half with my dad. my dad caught the only bass of the day on a sluggo, and iwas completely dedicated to working a spro bronze eye frogg in the really thick weed beds. i got 2 hits first one i wasnt paying attention and got nothing after a really late hookset but the second one was a really nice bass that i battle for a good 20 seconds before it was gone in the weeds. all in all im satisfied with a few frogg hits cause i bought them a while ago but have never fished with them and i will definetly be giving it another go the next time im there.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Sounds like you got bit by the topwater bite. A couple of things that you have to remember when you fish them.

1. Use braided line.
2. Wait to set the hook until you feel the weight of the fish. Most people get impatient and set the hook too fast.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i did waight for the hookset especially on the first one when i think i waighted a little to long cause i wasnt even paying attention.lol.
i only have one baitcaster tho and i dont want to put braid on it cause i dont use froggs all that much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.