Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I have not hit it this year, but have hit it in the previous years... If you can find the fish cribs straight down from the parking lot on the left side of the bridge. You should hit some Crappies n' Gills. It's been awhile but set some tip-ups if you have them a foot off the bottom in 12-14 FOW. You have a good chance in hitting a walleye or 2. try the south end of the lake for tip-ups. ;) Things might have changed. But that is what paid off for me in the past when I use to fish there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
jaybomber, i was out on xmas eve, before all the rain, but the ice was in great shape. 8-10". the shoreline might be suspect/sloppy but i have to imagine that it is still OK. it has been COLD out here today and that should help things out for tomorrow.

maybe ill see you out there tomorrow.....in the afternoon of course!! 8)

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I actually went out today to some local ponds and found at least 5" of ice so you should be good to go. Maybe you will come across some of those musky they planted in there. Tip ups with golden roach should be the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.