Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever gotten any good fish out of here i fish it when they stock it with cats and man those cats are hugh and u get all u want for a week with some nice albinos cats anything else in ther good???

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Not sure what is in there but a few miles up the road are a few nice FP ponds that put that tiny pond to shame.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
They have stocked the Schiller every year since 2000 with about 3,500 channel cats and 1,500 hybrid sunfish. No bass but if you like fishing for cats you should do well.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thers no koi in shiller woods pond lol i have never even heard of one coming from there lol but in the forrest preserve golf corse there is an opening in the fence and there are huhg norhters and bass some 6 lb bass and some 1.5 lb crappies but u dont gotta believe me but there are it is all because of when the des plaine river over flows it flows into there and tons of fish get in there go for yourself and believe it ill pload a pic of my dad catching one of the northers in there and the proof will be knoticable because u can see the sand pits and green in the background!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

This one is from december this year at the root river

this one is from this past fall

this one is from this past fall also kinda hard to see fish though

i still gotta upload the pic of the northern in teh golf corse

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.