Chicago Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Like I said. When the history of this era is written Joe will be considered an 'OK' president. Trump was the worst. What don't you get?

PS - please detail exactly what Joe's doing that bothers you so much. You prefer a pathologically lying, sociopathic, ignoramus to Joe?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I didn’t say i prefer either. But yeah lets see, border, Afghanistan, gas , meat, food prices and general lying which by the way both parties engage in. Like you said 50 years from now we will be dust so it doesn’t really matter what we think and it never did.

In my limited time here on earth I have learned that the political ruling class couldn’t care less about what we think or want. Power is a powerful drug.

~JOE~

·
Registered
461 Posts
In my limited time here on earth I have learned that the political ruling class couldn’t care less about what we think or want. Power is a powerful drug.

~JOE~
Amen to that.

The nice thing about trump was that he did not really do much. He talked a lot, he was in the news a lot. People were pissed at him a lot, but actually he did not do much. Besides repealing ACA he really did not do shit. His biggest crime was being an asshole. I like when they do as little damage as possible. Brandon is the opposite.

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
I'm curious to know the reasons in that opinion. Pre covid the stock market was booming, home prices up, gas dirt cheap, employment low. What specific policy decisions would make him the worst? I'll be the first to admit there were many things unpresidential coming from the mean tweets and the ending was well.....ugly. is it based solely on that?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Add in our standing on the world stage. I would imagine that China ,North Korea, Russia and others would rather have Uncle Joe than mean orange man.

~JOE~

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm curious to know the reasons in that opinion. Pre covid the stock market was booming, home prices up, gas dirt cheap, employment low. What specific policy decisions would make him the worst? I'll be the first to admit there were many things unpresidential coming from the mean tweets and the ending was well.....ugly. is it based solely on that?
I think you were directing it at Rambler, but in an off chance it was directed to me, I meant it in a good way.
Meaning, Trump policy was relatively harmless resulting in what you described. IMO the best thing politicians can do is get out off the way.

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
Nope, not directed at you. You do make some really great points though. I'm a fairly pragmatic guy, and the question I have posed seemed to always get answered with feelings or very subjective claims.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Crack, meth, pot, opioids, prostitutes, cheating on your brother's widowed wife with strippers, cocaine, booze and glue fumes all can enhance creativity. Hunter Biden has the fuel to make him the greatest painter in history if he's not there already. He may sniff a lot of glue but at least he's not sneaking up on little kids to sniff their hair. :oops:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
You guys are killing it, funny stuff with this old cranker watching this thread spinning out. And we're actually the old yentas loving this drama in our boring lives. God bless you all and God bless this country!

And to more sensitive readers please substitute the last sentence of the previous paragraph with 'The existence of nothing means the concept of 'blessed' is an oxymoron thats propagated by the the opium of the masses.' You do you man!'

😁

·
Registered
461 Posts
The jokes write themselves. Although, not sure wether the satire or the real stuff is funnier.

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
In the best interest of creating an equitable, safe, and inclusive environment, these comments have been removed as they do not support the community guidelines.

JUST KIDDING!!!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts