Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of the many fish caught on the Des Plains River. We caught a decent amount of fish but we found out to late in the season that you can catch big fish on the river. as me and my dad search for the big boy we try every day after having one great day catching two nice bass and about a 27-30 inch pike my dad is pumped so the next day i go to school then i see my dad in the parking lot after school and i hopped in the car and he goes i got'em i got the big one that day my dad caught a 20 inch pike to start things off then as he jerked his crankbait the thing nailed it he found him self landing a 37 inch northern pike although he was by himself he managed to get a decent pic here are some

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
You can just use this site for the pics. Under the message body is a whole section where you can browse and upload directly to the post.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey jason was wondering when the pike action starts getting good on the DPR again. I know its early but I am geting excited for spring. Can you give me some spots to try for this spring.?

·
Registered
414 Posts
what area or town do you usually consintrate in im close to Schiller park and usually fish the irving park rd area but it seems liike its always shallow there. I also do to the dam over in Parkridge that usually produced for me.

·
Registered
748 Posts
As far north as 173 and 41 yon can get at the river and fish sterling lake at the same time,at ig you can get to the river and fish ig at the same time,you can fish the river at at 60 in palatine,in wheeling,east side of the river,upstream,is good

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay some great spots on the des plains are in the lemont area there is also many runoffs ponds that hold pike up to 40 inches these spots should be good in spring because pike like to spawn shallow swampy areas KEY this spring looks for swamy shallow areas this spring!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.