Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Meet up?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lip_Yanker 
#1 ·
Going to head out this Saturday for the first time ever to punch a few holes in the ice, and see what we can jig up. Will be me and my son.

Probably will head to Shabbona or Sule, anyone want to come show us how it's done? Planning on arriving about 9:00am.

#3 ·
I don't know what Lake Soule is, but Lake Sule in Rochelle allows ice fishing.

I read it on the park district's website yesterday, and I called them to confirm. Of course, it's at your own risk. Park hours are sunup to sundown.

Also, read on another site that the 1-3lb. eye's are bitin pretty well there.

#4 ·
Shabbona is a bit far for me...I have a hard time getting up to the chain! Hope you do well on the crappies if you do go out there. Plenty to be had but size may be in question. Let me know if you are into going somewhere local and I may take you up on it in the future.

JB

#5 ·
I hear ya JB. The Chain is at least an hour drive for me, at least Shabbona/Sule are only 25-30 mins.

I'm looking for more local ponds too. The "Map" sites on the internet don't seem to show ground detail West of a certain line though, so locating them is harder out here in the corn fields. lol

btw- this trip is postponed, my son has a swim meet I didn't know about. Maybe tomorrow instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.