Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, first of all, not to sound cheesy, but thank you and rememberance to all the veterans who have made it possible for us to fish in a free country. Thank you.

Hit St Charles just south of IL St bridge. Waded for the 2nd time in my life. Caught 4-5 (honestly not sure on the #) small to one midsize smallmouth. Worked the island there just south of the overhead pedestrian walkway.

thanks AGAIN to KenG and other for the tips. I came into the Fox this year clueless. Love to golf but now would much rather wade. Even if I do no catch a fish it is an experience.

A note on the water level. It is fast. I am 6'3 pushing and three bills. water was pushing waist high and a bit fast. Sorry for the lack of pictures, I was literally having trouble unhooking them. Will figure that out though. I would say outfishd the shore guys 3-1, but be careful.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Nice report....good for you!

Gave up golf several years ago when the fishing obsession really grabbed hold of me. Rather fish than golf any day. There are some golf course ponds I would like to fish though...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went fishing there as well, shoreline. Didn't get any by the island but just north along the west side rocks they seemed to be hanging about 2-3 feet off shore and i was nailing them. Hope everybody had a great weekend!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.