Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any mid to late day tournaments? (if there is such a thing?).....................6:00AM Launch at a lake 40 miles away is pretty harsh.

Or if it is possible to organize a LEGIT and CREDIBLE one would anyone be interested?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Early bird gets the worm. We typically start our tourneys in the early morning because that is when the fishing is best. Usually by late morning the fishing dies off. Talk to FishinMatt, he comes from Aurora.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
AspiringAngler said:
Does anyone know of any mid to late day tournaments? (if there is such a thing?).....................6:00AM Launch at a lake 40 miles away is pretty harsh.

Or if it is possible to organize a LEGIT and CREDIBLE one would anyone be interested?
I would like to see one in 2009.... a WCTT event that starts at 3pm-8:30pm in the summer. That would be a great "Top Water" bite tourny on Deep....bring your bug spray :lol: but I am all for it. The top water bite at Deep Lake at about 7:30 in mid to late July MUST be just outstanding!!!!!! :lol:

I think we need to really consider this. It would be a fun evening of fishing
and a cook out?

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
Yep, Yami and I have a long drive. I get up around 3:30A and that is for the tournies that start at 6A. I like the fact that they start early though. It leaves almost all afternoon and evening to do other stuff if need be. If we wanted to experiment with one in the evening that would be cool but I think it would be much harder for most to make.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It was about 6AM this month, but prior months have been closer to 5AM, if not earlier. That was brutal! No complaints here as I always like the early morning bite. Plus, there's less traffic earlier in the AM.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
FishinMatt said:
If we wanted to experiment with one in the evening that would be cool but I think it would be much harder for most to make.
but it would be very cool 8) to "Top Water fish" the evening away and then just hang out with a few cold ones.... :wink: a very different atmosphere for sure.....I grew up on the evening topwater bite and a few beers. Heaven !!!!!

If not a tourny then just a fun 'Outting' would be cool..for thoese that want to give it a go!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.