Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is late report from the middle of October.

My Dad and I fished the lake on 10-18 and 10-19. We caught a lot of fish on Saturday (about 40 total) but I only caught 2 keepers and my Dad caught a 16". Everything was on plastics- senkos and brush hogs. The bass were still on the main lake and we sure couldn't find any big ones.

Sunday- things really slowed down. I caught maybe 6 or so with no size (LOL- it was like a Cal Sag day)

Great trip overall. Even though we didn't whack 'em, it was still a lot of fun. We had wonderful weather in the 50s and 60s and the leaves were just starting to hit their peaks. That is one beautiful lake. Everything looks good to fish. Good fishing.

Here's a couple pics

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt,
That is a cool lake. I was there in June and we crushed 'em. We caught a lot of fish in the 4-5 lb range. It was a spectacular couple days.

Islandfisher,
That lake is SE of Charleston about 6 miles outside Marshall IL. It takes me right at 3 hours to get there from Tinley and that is with a boat. Expensive to launch with a $16 fee but the facilities are top-notch. There's usually a T going on but the lake just eats up boats. I'm probably going to spend a day or so down there next April when I tour southern IL while on Spring Break. Good fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.