Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys & gals sorry i've been busy with the move & house, finaly got online. haven't done much fishing yet but i have managed to hit the point where the ohio & mississipi meet, yep i can fish both at the same time! water's low but we got some rain today caught 2 white perch on dropshot rig with nightcrawlers, fished with stinkbaits for the big cats i keep hearing about got some nibbles but was too late for the hookset. i'm thinking of getting a couple of lightning strike rodholders because the rocks & mud make it kinda hard to get to the rod in time for the hookset, do those things really work? i also hear there's stripers in there, i'll figure it out sooner or later... 8)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
caught my 1st ohio river cat on a catfish rig & minner. it was a little one only about 15" but it sure put up a good fight, can't wait to hook his mama! Aug or rock can you please post the pic for me i e-mailed it to you. fishing has been tough for us shore anglers due to low water levels & high water temps, but i'm savin up for a boat, i should have 1 for next summer. 8)

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Willy!!! You dog! Nice job, my friend. Keep the reports coming!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, we've had a little rain so i think i'll give those senko's a try over at horseshoe lake today, that lake has LM Bass written all over it! man i need a boat & a forum like this oh well maybe someday, later...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts