Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up at 5 this morning in my girlfriends apartment to the sound of rain and decided to go back to sleep because I didn't pack my rain gear the previous day. Around 6 the rain let up and by 6:30 I was set up at Montrose. Right around 6:35 a heavy rain came in and soaked me to the bone (didn't pack rain gear :oops: ).

I fished two poles; one with a perch set up (a weight, two floating jigheads w/ small fatheads) and one for salmon (orange/yellow steelhead jig w/ crawlers 5-8' under a float).

About 20 minutes after getting soaked I hooked up with an 8" perch which sadly was my only fish of the morning.

A guy set up a powerlining rig next to me and caught a small steelhead after about an hour. After seeing that I switched my perch rig to another salmon set up but got nothing. Ended up leaving around 8:30 when the rain started to pick up again.

Another fisherman reported catching a brown on a small spoon before I got there. There is for sure the possibility of catching a brown or steelhead now but I think I'm going to stick to the local lakes until the coho come in.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Hey, at least you got out Sean.

I'm really looking forward to some early spring action at the lakefront. And the nice things is... you can fish at night!

I'm sure we'll be having a few unofficial WCF outings at the lakefront in the next few weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.