Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well montrose was very slow today. put the aqua view in many holes and didnt see anything what so ever. talked to a few guys who were marking only dinks on the vex. went to northerly island and ice wasnt as safe there but still ventured out. only 4 people out there and nothing as well. went by a few salmon anglers and they were doing decent on shrimp. my dad hooked a smaller jack coho and the guy next to me did also. very surpised to see KINGS still swimming around. saw one on the aqua view come right up and nail the camera. all beat up. Supposedly last week before the cold snap they were killing the coho's with limits. i dont know if this is true but i would think it was cause i seen quite a few swimming. well then i went to belmont and didnt even bother to take a auger or rod out just the camera. went to almost 20 holes and only saw 1 school of dink perch. one guy said he got a few over 6 inches but thats it. ice at belmont and montrose is anywhere from 6-11 inches thick. Went all the way across the harbor at belmont with no issues.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
limits on cohos? kid, you can't listen to everything people tell you :wink:

It's pretty rare to even catch one under the ice... let alone a limit!

thanks for the report. good luck tomorrow if you make it out

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mplant1 said:
limits on cohos? kid, you can't listen to everything people tell you :wink:

It's pretty rare to even catch one under the ice... let alone a limit!

thanks for the report. good luck tomorrow if you make it out
It was last week beforetge cold spell. There was lots more open water and plus all the air raiders had been keeping a lot of wter open

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Legend- it wasn't through the ice. It was all open water along the edges cause the pumps they got going keep it from freezing up around the piers. So they were using their salmon rods rigged with shrimp and spawn.

Mplant- once again wasn't through the ice.

Infamous- I'm glad ur shocked. Where r ur reports? Haven't gotten out lately?

I guess I will have to take pics of everything from now on so I don't get bashed

·
Registered
497 Posts
easy root they are just \messing with you man...........no biggie but for real i would have loved to see the king nail the camera i have only seen little perch on the camera seeing some thing like that would have been sweet man we have to get out to the harbor some time man

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
ice or not you're not gonna catch limits of cohos in 33-34 degree water. i'm just suggesting you don't listen to every fisherman's wise tale....

did you make it out today man?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yeah root bro im messing around with you bro. The way you said it bro i had to say something but i was kidding around. "The king nailed the camera" like its a shark or something man. I'm not trying to make fun out of you. You haven't seen a lot of my reports because i do not like the winter. Wait till summer and spring :wink:

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mplant1 said:
ice or not you're not gonna catch limits of cohos in 33-34 degree water. i'm just suggesting you don't listen to every fisherman's wise tale....

did you make it out today man?
Ok well I pulled one out and this other guy did also and this was in a matter of 20 minutes and u can see the fish swimming around also. I believe this because I actually saw the fish in the water. not all in good condition but they were there deffinetly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.