Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the weather was so mild today I decided a trip to the harbor to try my luck would be wonderful. I headed out around 4:15, put on a spool with 17 lb test on it and drove there. Getting there I was shocked to find that south wind had pushed thousands of pancake ice pieces into the harbor and along the wall. I found a clear lane and pitched a jointed rapala for a while and a spoon for a while. No hits, but I wasn't really expecting many because the piece of water I had to fish was pretty sorry. I tossed the pole in the car and took a walk to see if anyone else was having luck on perch.

There was some open water in the harbor near the B dock and at the bubblers.

No one was doing any good, lots of zeros. No one was fishing with powerlines and no one was out on the horseshoe.

On my way out I passed someone on a bike that was leaving and from the handlebars was a bag full of perch.. I didn't see where he was fishing or what he was using but there must have been a small school in there somewhere because it looked like he had 8-10 fish. They didn't look huge, certainly not jumbos.

So it was a great couple of hours in the sun, I really can't complain about a thing!

So we got any guesses on when the salmon/trout will start showing up there off Montrose? I saw powerliners there last week and talked to a number of them, one guy said he got one last week but thats about all I heard.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Cam said:
On my way out I passed someone on a bike that was leaving and from the handlebars was a bag full of perch..
It probably was me, but I've been fishing so much I can't remember if I was down there today or not. :lol:

That gets your curiosity going when nobody has fish except for one guy. Thanks for the report. 8)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RonG said:
It probably was me, but I've been fishing so much I can't remember if I was down there today or not. :lol:

That gets your curiosity going when nobody has fish except for one guy. Thanks for the report. 8)
Haha, maybe he brought the perch from home to use as bait for bigger fish :?

Must've been fishing for the elusive Montrose Muskie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.