Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was there in the harbor from 6:45 - 8:30am and caught only a couple of small perch. 1 was caught 10' under a bobber and the other with a crappie rig using large minnows for bait. Came back around 5:30 - 7:30pm with my kids. I caught 1 small perch and a 9" trout under a bobber. My youngest son caught a 12" jumbo perch and tiny 5" using the crappie rig set-up. Not many fish but I enjoyed the very nice weather and I'm really happy just watching my kids starting to enjoy fishing.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I was a little south of where you guys were, managed one 2lb largie in 3 hours. I missed a few short stroking them :( I watched Mr. Biggems grab my bait and pulled it out of his mouth tonight GRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I get too excited when I see big fish, especially when they are grabbing my lure. I've been able to hit the lakefront everyday after work and will continue to do so this week. Hopefully I'll have a pic of a real nice one here soon!

·
Registered
29 Posts
i went to montrose harbor caught about 20 perch all dinkers though... anyone one know where the jumbo perch are at? oh by the way, i usd a little white twister tail w/ magots. sorry bout the bad pic quality, camera phone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.