Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a disappointing loss from the Cubs ( I was at the game ) " "Dempster you suck" I decided to head over to Montrose Harbor to try my luck from some Kings. Fished from 5pm -6:30pm throwing a green and silver cleo. It was Very Very windy 20+mph. I had one follow up to the bank but was not committed to hit. After a few more cast got my first bump but did not hook up :x . Then all of sudden its just started to poor mad and with 20+mph wind each rain drop was like a stinger. So I started to run towards my car when i misjudge one of those ledges by the lake front and bailed :x . Some of the other fisherman had a good laugh :lol: so did my cousin. Nothing serious just a few rasberry's on the shin, knee, and elbow. I might give Montrose a try early tomorrow morning but Wakegan tempting. With the cool weather coming up this week, a little prayinig, and the new moon phase just right around the corner I believe this could be the week. Hala lou ya :D

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thanks for the report legend . . . the hunt for the kings continues. From what I have been reading the best king spot so far has been the south rocks. If your going out there tomorrow make sure you get there early cause it's going to be packed.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Your not the only one to take a spill there. Same thing happened to me earlier this year. I guess at 50 I shouldn't be trying to jump those anymore. Anyway my pride got hurt more than anything else as everybody had a good laugh.

At least you got some follows to motavate you to come back for another shot at one.

Good luck .

NPIKE

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Islandfisher said:
Thanks for the report legend . . . the hunt for the kings continues. From what I have been reading the best king spot so far has been the south rocks. If your going out there tomorrow make sure you get there early cause it's going to be packed.
Oh believe me I'll be there early. I'm leaving my crib at 2am and going to Wakegan. Montrose still gives me the creeps at night. I will be all paranoid especailly at 3am in the morning looking over my shoulder. If anyone is heading up to Wakegan South Rocks stop and say HI I will be wearing a red Titlest hat :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.