Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I don't know what the drinking laws are on the lake front but I always bring some cold ones all the time out there but I try to keep them on the down low and have never had a problem with the cops. Gates open at 5am and cops will kick you out at 11pm . Welcome to WCF!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
yup....just keep it covered up, cup works well...i just sit on a bench and enjoy during my fish break time....they drive around and boot ya at 11pm...sometimes 1030 and that really pisses me off!!! There are ways to fish longer into the A.M., just gotta be crafty, and show off a little ninja!

JayPee

·
Registered
37 Posts
no alcoholic beverages allowed on chicago park district property (that includes all lakefront property, the beach and harbor areas).

It is an arrestable offense (worst case scenario). In most cases if you do get caught you'll be issued a ticket.

The lakefront close at 11pm daily. Anyone caught after that time will be in violation of the in the park after hours, which you can get a ticket for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for info guys. I really appreciate it. Tried to get out last week friday.. was there for all of two minutes before the Monsoon came through. Hopefully with any luck will be able to get out for a little bit tonight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.