Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Montrose Harbour today from 4:30pm to around 6:00. I fished off the fishing pier by the star docks. I had a live soft shell crab sitting on the bottom and threw spinners, crank bait and a jig. I came up empty handed. I know I might have been there a little early so I drove down to Burnham and try off the fishing peir in the harbour there till about 8pm with the same baits and had the same results. Nothing...

Anyone else fish these areas with better results?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok maybe that was the problem. Thanks for the info, i will klees that in mind for when I go next time and will try to keep away when there is NE winds. Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK I will try that. Just so I have my information correct the horseshoe is the wall at Montrose Harbour correct? Also I should be fishing the exterior wall (Lake side not harbour side with boats) correct?

Sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fishinnut28 said:
well were u fishin for perch or bass

i havent had much luck this year with perch at all.

But bass i actually did good on

i used a football head jig with a craw pappi at the end and killed the smallies.
I was hoping to catch a drum with the crayfish off the bottom and I was using the other baits (jig, crank, spinner) to try to get some smallies.

I will have to go get some of the Craw Papi and try them with a jig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.