Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard the perch are starting to come in anybody been out there yet?

G

·
went out wed. caught 4 six inchers on crappie rigs & minnows before the wicked winds almost blew my minnow bucket into the lake, fingers were a little numb but theres something about the lake when it's snowing, should be better when the winds slow down, thinking of heading out sat. or sun. again it'll be warmer! where did everyone go? it's like a ghost town in here :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
don't tell me you were out there in the cold with the kids! :shock: glad you got on some fish tho Willy. I haven't caught diddly squat the past couple weeks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
of course i was don't worry i bundle em up well, we've been out sub zero for longer periods, just have to get used to it.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I really don't mind the freezing weather...WHEN I'M SNOWBOARDING!!!. You got one of them outdoor heaters?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i have a heater but hardly use it, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum :wink:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Augy said:
I really don't mind the freezing weather...WHEN I'M SNOWBOARDING!!!. You got one of them outdoor heaters?
never broke a leg fishing :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
a hook up your thumb ain't a walk in the park either, but i know what ya mean brother. wanna fish busse tomorrow mornin? i got some business in schaumburg around noon so what the heck.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah but a hook in the thumb don't hurt if you're numb :lol: i'll see what i can do give me a call...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
perch in the harbor says montrose bait shop we'll be there after 1pm...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i took the boys out saturday and all four of us caught our limit at montrose, then we had a fish fry, mmm! we're going back tonight with augy we should be there at the east wall at about 7pm...

no doubt the perch are in!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Just wanted to add the perch are in as Willy says. I caught my limit last night in about an hour. Gotta go...picking up some more minnows to get on some more perch tonight. Willy, myself and maybe Will. Whoever wants to come, come. East wall. Later.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
where were you Will the jack & miller were sweet, but the perch are on! i say we do it again!!! i got the brandy and i'll try to get some minnows durring the day, who's got the brew?

we got the PERCH :!:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
only 5 keepers last nite the wind change slowed the bite up a bit, forgot to bring the cam so no pics this time, nice nite though to fish with my buds Augy & Co., Jason and my boys you guys are hardcore! don't think i'll be out again til friday unless you guys want to car pool it over to Navy pier tomorow morning for a couple of hours...

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Decent bite. Probably pulled up 10 or so with a couple keepers. Meena's parents loved them perch and they want more. Guess I'll just have to fish some more. Hate it when that happens! Poor Augy...has to go fishing for perch again. Anybody game? Will, you game? Or do you have to lug around that metal ball again. :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey now there's a monster living on your bed says she needs perch to feed, so don't mess with my lead... :lol: should have called no kids tonite!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I thought you couldn't go until Friday? I'm fishin Busse the next couple of days. I'm sick of perchin. I think I got like a hundred of em the last few days. Need a bass fix.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts