Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, got to montrose around 11:30 and fished til 1:00...(suckie hours).i caught 4 gobies 1 ten inch :shock: and the rest dinks, tried for the salmon and trout most of the time casting every spoon, jerkbait, and crank i had...no luck :evil: . saw all the schools of fish swim on the wall of the harbor. there were about 10-20 to a school and the trout stayed more tward the top of the water as the salmon stay twards the bottom.only 1 king followed my minnow and missed on the strike...about 10 lb, he was a giant. the i was casting a rapala magnum and a king about 20lb followed the lure.....couldnt get any to budge tho.saw a HUGE brook trout swiming in the one school, easy 20 lb. possibble new record. :shock: ......al in all it was a great day and a beutiful day :wink:

553 Posts
Dude If I was there and I saw all those fish swimming around and I wouldn't even get one, man I'd be furious. I just don't get it when do the Salmon/Trout bite? Is it all time related, their mood, or do you just have to be lucky and get there when they bite? By the way nice report. :?: :evil: :x :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.