Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange spring/early summer thus far, weather-wise, but still catching a fish here & there.

Havent put the time in as much as Id like, work projects have been unrelenting, and more than that, think my energy-level is giving me the "welcome to being 50" greeting.

When I have gotten a few casts in, walleyes are fairly cooperative, but not much for big fish. Have gotten a few 20"+ fish but theyve been tough to come by. Most on hair, some on plastic, & a few on jerkbaits.
Water Vertebrate Bait Fisherman Fish

Water Vertebrate Sky Crocodilia Cloud

Water Photograph Vertebrate Sky Fish
Water Cloud Vertebrate Sky Lake

Bass fishing has been weird. About 2weeks ago, had a couple sessions where Id pull up& catch a dozen or 2 from a spot. Was expecting them to be on fire, but, never experienced the typical spring frenzy that happens most years. Catching some, just not typical numbers for the locale/season. Hair again seems to always be able to grind out a few, but when they seem to be around, thet seem willing to hit about anything.
Water Vertebrate Sky Cloud Fisherman

Thinking of buying this quad off a relative trying to unload it. Spent 1 weekend riding trails, what a blast! Can see how I could easily kill myself on it, too! Wondering if I can test-drive it til October?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive tire

The turtles are out in full-force this week
Plant Plant community Reptile Water Gopher tortoise

And other than that, crappies have been more miss than hit from my shore spots, but catching a few here & there.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had 2 days of warm, muggy stuff, some moderate storms, but not as severe as you guys have been dealing with. Supposed to get mid to low 40's tonight & I am eagerly awaiting that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts