Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ever used mormyshka jigs for ice fishing. I read a little bit about them in the Feb Bass Master Magazine and have been thinking of buying a couple (if I can find some).

·
Registered
852 Posts
I had some late 70's if your talking the ones with hole in jighead. Heavy for size. Used to run line thru hole and tie around hook shank. Rat finkee's work about as good I thought.
I think a guy gave me three after I listened to him go on and on about them.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Awesome Jigs, The eye for the line is through the jig-head itself. Tie a Rapala Knot for less abrasion on your line, Those jigs are awesome though... I have about 8 of them myself. :wink:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
mormyshka jigs are great jigs. there are a lot of jigs in that "style" that work really well. Diamond jigs are one of my favorites. I've caught a lot of bass on size 12 gold diamonds with a waxie or a small spoon with a waxie. Geneva should be heating up for smallies anytime now!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
red_mucilin said:
I had some late 70's if your talking the ones with hole in jighead. Heavy for size. Used to run line thru hole and tie around hook shank. Rat finkee's work about as good I thought.
I think a guy gave me three after I listened to him go on and on about them.
Just got one from brother EYE...line through the hole and tied to the shank is the same way I heard they were supposed to be presented=)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Winnebasschamp said:
Geneva should be heating up for smallies anytime now!
Ya ya ya ya. :D People are still drivinig there trucks on Gevena as of today CRAZY :shock:.

I like the optical stealth jigs. Them smallies sure love them let alone those huge slabs in Geneva.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Legend075 said:
Winnebasschamp said:
Geneva should be heating up for smallies anytime now!
Ya ya ya ya. :D People are still drivinig there trucks on Gevena as of today CRAZY :shock:.

I like the optical stealth jigs. Them smallies sure love them let alone those huge slabs in Geneva.
Dude I was out there yesterday and I did not see one single truck out there! :shock:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.