Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Amazing morning wadding the Fox …14 total threw rooster tail nailing dinkers then lost a big one …. Lost my lure but got it back later … switched to ned rig with no luck and lost lure( ned not to hot this year) decided to put on a beetle spin 1/8 ounce in red color then nailed a 12 incher then a hogasaisus 16 inch maybe 3 lb monster …. What a fight on lite tackle bfs!!!! Worked other west side of river in middle . Fish were on this morning and spinners were ticket . Had a blast! 284 for year.Equipment log : kastking zephyr bfs baitcaster loaded with varivus 16 power braid ( thinner than 8 lb power pro) 8 lb flouro leader on a kyuing 6.3 lite action rod .
6BC44D5B-DD49-43FC-BF5F-67A6E916CD3F.jpeg
04DE4438-57D2-4809-8843-E077A8877B56.jpeg
23144A70-7CCF-4FA2-99AB-2179DD3B4A10.jpeg
2874F99C-662D-4A69-9BC7-B02C2E585A97.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice trip! I never really used Beetle Spins, (generally stick with Mepps in the river)but you are definitely proving they work. Keep posting your results!
Can't wait to get back out there!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CBatt2 said:
Nice trip! I never really used Beetle Spins, (generally stick with Mepps in the river)but you are definitely proving they work. Keep posting your results!
Can't wait to get back out there!
Yea I forget about them sometimes but they are just as good as mepps and cheaper .

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Beetle spins are the bomb for Salt Creek chubs.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think I have some of the spinner arms floating around in an old tackle box. I'll have to rig up some jig and twisters or paddle tails, and try them out!
Rambler, just wondering if you mainly fished Salt Creek up north, or down toward Brookfield Zoo. The only place I ever fished it was around Graue Mill.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great Job.. Better yet I don't have a clue where you are..LOL I don't do pictures (yet) but put the yak in and fished deeper water in shade and had 4 smallmouth over 16".. I fished totally different than I ever do ( Run And Gun) and the Fish were a popping.. Had the darkest catfish I have seen in awhile..and he crushed a Black chatterbait, Bent the Blade to ....
I MAY...Know LITTLE SOMETHING SOMETHING ABOUT THE Fox.. They are BOTTOM FEEDING ON CRAYFISH... But>>> You didn't here it from me..LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts