Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time going Muskie fishing this June in Arbor Vitea,wi. Cant wait!! Anyone ever been up that way and done have muskie fishing. Im not sure what to expect. Im going with a bunch of guys who go every year so hopefully they can put us on the fish. I bought a new rod and reel set up this year for this purpose. I bought a 7' bps power plus it is hvy with a med-fast action and topped it off with an Abu 6500tc with the power handle and put 80lb power pro on it. I think this is going to be a great combo for just about anything i come in contact with. Any thoughts on the set up or what advice would be awesome!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I don't know much about the BPS rods, but it appears you have the proper power. Depends on what the lure weight ratings are on that rod and what you plan to throw. The Abu's are decent reels. Some people have had theirs for years and years and others say they fall apart all the time. I think it's all about how hard people are on the reel. If you don't fish musky very often then you should be okay I would think. Never been to the Arbor Vitae area, but I hear good things about the muskies up around there. Good luck to you and hope you bring back some nice pictures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.