Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got $75 worth of gift certs to Bass pro, so I dragged the wife-n-kiddies out to Bollingbrook to burn them. Me and my 8-year-old son Augie hit BPS while my wife and daughter wandered the outdoor mall looking at "girly stuff".

I may have overdone it a bit. My wife met me back here and saw the cart full of stuff and immediately said "hey, that looks like alot more than $75 worth!", to which I responded "well, I might be a little bit over".

I got a cheap trolling rod to go with an Akuma line counter reel I got from my brother, three spools of fresh line, a spring scale, a tape measure, some Rapala DTs, various yamomoto plastics, some plastic tackle organizer cases, a small browning satchel bag for hauling my condensed WWD setup, a binder to organize my plastics, various hooks & sinkers, attractant, shad rap, dancin eel (I swear that thing catches fish), storm kickin minnows, and a few other odds and ends.

I could feel my wife's gaze at the checkout as I watched the total increase. So I held up one of the Rapala's and said "Well this one is Augie's". She didn't think that was very funny, but she let me off the hook. :D

Total : $240 and change. :shock: Oops.

I guess I'm just not as good at math as I thought I was.

553 Posts
bartmandude said:
Total : $240 and change. :shock: Oops.

I guess I'm just not as good at math as I thought I was.
Oh [email protected]#! :shock: :lol: , man you burned some cash today. :oops: I bet your wife was very happy :? , now you've got to make it up to her. :p :wink: I never was good at math also, but when you go shopping for fishing supplies I know how quickly the numbers add up, and I also know the looks that I get from my parents. :shock: :lol: :)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Mistake #1. Taking your wife with you when you go to BPS.

Mistake #2. Letting your wife see the total as it's being rung up.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. I always make sure that I leave my wife at home when I go to BPS and then I pay with cash. :wink:

·
Registered
972 Posts
I know the feeling Bartman. I got a $50 gift certificate for christmas and ended up with a total of almost $300 online! but I really needed a new St. Croix tournament series casting rod....Sure I did!!

553 Posts
toothdoc said:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. I always make sure that I leave my wife at home when I go to BPS and then I pay with cash. :wink:
:lol: :lol: Sorry I couldn't resist, you guys are hilarious. :lol: This post is truly a classic, I hope your wives aren't reading this. :shock: :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
LOL - After my first trip to BPS, I realized how that place stays in business. The temptation to buy stuff is too strong to resist. Augy is right - you are lucky to have a good woman that understands.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm glad that I don't live close to a major tackle store....But after a couple of trips to Gander mountain last year..."Don't you have enough tackle?" was asked..... I responded with" I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, gamble, or chase other women, I fish...should I change bad habits???"..... She agreed that I was pretty reasonable after all!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
toothdoc said:

Hehe, yes some things the wives shouldnt know about

·
Registered
428 Posts
I work @ Cabela's. I'm a crack addict working at a crack house. Basically I'm an indentured servant for the next two years (i.e. working for free), with all the stuff I already bought and the stuff that I'm going to buy.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
RnR fisherman said:
I'm glad that I don't live close to a major tackle store....But after a couple of trips to Gander mountain last year..."Don't you have enough tackle?" was asked..... I responded with" I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, gamble, or chase other women, I fish...should I change bad habits???"..... She agreed that I was pretty reasonable after all!!
I have tried that psychology on my wife, but she still doesn't buy it :p

·
Registered
218 Posts
Trust me, as sly as we think we are in accumulating fishing equiptment, wives are equally as sly in buying cosmetics(not cheap stuff), clothes and shoes.

All fishing equiptment looks alike to most women. I always say, "Oh, this, I've had this for years."

Or better yet, when I was moving to a new house I counted 30 pairs of shoes. I asked her why she had so many shoes. Her reply, "I barely have any shoes." How do you argue wth that? The logic is so clear.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Trust me, as sly as we think we are in accumulating fishing equiptment, wives are equally as sly in buying cosmetics(not cheap stuff), clothes and shoes.

All fishing equiptment looks alike to most women. I always say, "Oh, this, I've had this for years."

Or better yet, when I was moving to a new house I counted 30 pairs of shoes. I asked her why she had so many shoes. Her reply, "I barely have any shoes." How do you argue wth that? The logic is so clear.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
lol very logical lol I guess like we dont have enough lures they dont have enough shoes lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.