Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, was wondering if you could help out a fellow WCF'er. :)

Just moved to Bensenville, right off of Irving Park and York. I hit up the DesPlaines River this morning, both sides of the Irving Park bridge, and got nothing but some casting practice. I logged into this site on my phone and saw that alot of good reports were coming from the Touhy area, so I packed up and tried to go there, but I didn't see any parking in the immediate area. Would someone be so kind and make me a map with MSPaint or give the coordinates via Google Earth on where to park and then walk?

I hate to be the guy asking about this, but at least I have sort of been around for a while and have more than 3 posts. :p Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
74 Posts
theres parking at axhead lake and you can then walk on touhy to the bridge then jump over the rail guards and walk down to the river. I havent done that yet, but probably will. Last time i went i parked at the preserve thats on the other side of the street thats right accross the street. But that turned out to be a pain in the ass.

If theres an easier way i would really like to know too.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Steve- I think the easiest way to get there is to park in the Iroquois Forest Preserve lot and walk to the dam from there. It is kind of a pain to get there, but there are paths leading to the dam area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.