Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys- need some advice on what to buy. want to get a spinning outfit. decent rod and reel. budget of about $100. i've been using some cheap $25 combos since i started fishing last summer and ready to move up a little. want a rod that will do some of the work on hooksets. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

B

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this will primarily be for bass fishing i suppose. leaning towards a medium action rod. nothing too flimsy at the tip. and just want a reel that is a little more heavy duty or made better than the cheap ones i have now. i have a pflueger baitcaster actually. $90 dollar combo at Dicks. haven't used it too much yet as i'm not near as comfortable with it as i am the spinning reels. i don't have a problem with it backlashing but just not happy with the casting i'm capable of yet.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Spend the majority of your money on the rod, thats the most important piece to the combo. Typically most spinning reels are not that different in how they fish reguardless of price. As long as the drag on the reel is good, youll be in good shape.

As far as rods go, Id suggest a bass pro brand rod, I like the bionic blades and tourney specials for the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.