Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've never fished the lagoon's before. I live in the Lincolnwood are close to Skokie. I have no idea how to get to the lagoons and where to park. I read a lot of posts about lagoon #6, so I wouldn't mind getting to that one. Can anyone provide me with some directions or an address to look up how to get there and reach my destination. I am trying to get out there after work today around 3pm and would need help asap. Also are the goon's numbered? Thank you so much guys.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
The lagoons are not numbered, but no matter. Since you're in Lincolnwood, get on 94west (at Touhy) for about 12 miles and exit Dundee east. Proceed east for about a mile or two to Forest Way. Turn right and you will soon be next to lagoon#6.

Here's a map...

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch Jason. Awesome directions. How are the cats out there? What else should I go for while I'm there? Also Do you know what's the latest i can stay out there?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh wow. You found them all just laid out like that. That pisses me off. Do you remember which lagoon this was, hopefully there is more at that spot :). By the went out earlier this evening from 6pm - 9pm and got skunk. I was at lagoon 6, i followed the map that Jason provided. Thanks again Jason. The only thing I got was about 25 mosquito bites all over unfortunately lol. Got a few tiny bites on liver towards the end and that was it. Any tips are helpful guys. It's been a very slow year for me where ever I went so far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
those mosquitos are going to make it pretty tough... but they sprayed airborne insecticides all over the northshore tonight, might make tommorow a bit easier on the skin. The waters real low too, hadnt had much luck with the cats past few days other than spotting a dead one, about the size of the ones in the picture. My guess is theyve headed for the only deep holes that may exist in there. There should be some natural bullhead, and stocked channel catfish according to DNR catfish report. in 2003 sampling, largest caught was 28inch, at 9lbs. That of course, was just a sampling. Look for lilly pads thats the only advice I can give.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.