Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I figured that there might be someone who can help me on this. I am looking to travel in the general region (WI, MI) to go musky/pike fishing. I have never been before (typically a panfish/bass angler) so I am looking to get a guide who will take me and my wife (very novice) out on the water and supply bait and tackle. I have been looking online and the prices seem to vary, as well as the promises. If anyone on here has used a musky/pike guide and could share their experiences or recommend someone that would be great. I am looking forward to fighting a big fish (in my world 5lbs is a whopper) but the thing I want most is the opportunity to boat a few fish.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I had found some of these people online, but its hard to get a good feel for them via a website. Sorry for the cross-posting but I did not know how often people checked around to different boards or what the best board would be so I spread it out.

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
MuskySuckers AKA Nick is the best there is on the Chain. I won't direct link to another site but check out his posts on Chi-town Angler. He had several double digit days last spring. You can look at last years reports or just wait for the reports to start rolling around for this year.

IMO Hatadja is hands down the best guide in SE WI. I'll personally vouch on that as I have been a client of his in the past and have always followed his career with interest. He has been featured on In-Fishermen, Babe Winklemans Good Fishing, WI Woods and Waters, etc. Check out his site or go to Lake Link. His handle over there is Old Timer. He always throws his pics up in the fishing pictures thread, and they speak for themselves. He fishes many bodies of water but off hand his specialties are Delavan, Geneva, Green Bay, Depere, Pine Lake, Madison Chain, Lake Michigan and Harbors, Milwaukee River, and so forth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.