Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was fishing at busse again yesterday for 2 hours and nothing.I fished both the north pool and the main pool. I was wondering if anybody here can tell me some spots or help me in any way. :?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Have you try the South pool yet? :roll:

North Pool - Fish the breakwall work your way east around the lake. There is a nice long weededge there. Work topwater lures,small swimbaits, and senkos. Its a plus when the wind is blowing up against it.
Also you should try the NW part of the lake witch has some rip rap and also a nice weedline. In my opinion best part to fish out of the N pool. Also the point on the North end of the lake is good. Use to wade about 20-30 feet from shore casting topwater frogs in the weeds. There is some big bass that hide in there.

Main pool- Fish the main dike that seperates the main pool and south with spinnerbaits, small cranks, jip & pig, and senkos. . Also the southeast part of the main pool by the main dam where is funels down to salt creek is another good area. I wade the shores above the dam and work the west shore with shad raps, plastics, and topwater with good success. The cove above the dam has some nice drop offs with a good weed line. Goes from 2-4 then drops to 10 feet. I have caught some nice bass & eyes in this area. There is also a log that is sticking out of the water that always has bass sitting there (BIG) but the only way to can get to it is by boat & wading or if you can cast a mile.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Come on guys, spill your guts before the tourney :p

Wish I could help you out Vince, but I have not fished it before. You should come out to the tourney. I'm sure some of the regulars will be on some nice fish and be happy to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I fish for 2 hours and get nothing all the time. Try fishing for 8 hours and you should get something.

Also, I think I know which log he speaks of, but there are so many logs it is hard to say for sure :p

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Main dam where the water flows in salt creek by the WWD. If you look on the other side of the dam towars the main pool on left side where the tall grass is you will see a signal log that is sticking out about 2 ft above the water solo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.