Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the first two times out and ice was still on the water in March I have been getting skunked :x . If my count is correct it would be around 24 consecutive skunks OUCH "did I say that". At the honey hole the gills have as of week and a half ago came up to the banks. The bass finally made their way up on Sunday. But upon my arrival it was like the beaches of Normandy with 30 people mostly families bombing away at the water with beach ball size bobbers. So I went away from the crowd and saw many groupings of Bass hanging out near the shore line. But no dice wouldn't even look at the dinger. I think they had shell shock from all the mortars hitting the water. So after listening to all the screaming kids I hung it up for the afternoon. April is not coming easy for me. I know I could try somewhere else and break the skunk but at this point I have a score to settle with the honey hole.

To all my fishing friends "help oh Yami out and pass some MOJO my way"

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
**proceeds to pass mojo****

Hope it helps although it's augy's and culprits mojo you want :D :D

I've had a few scores to settle also at certain areas I know the feeling I usually will hit it in the evening before sunset nobodies ever there and fish are feeding heavy!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Alright Yami her's what you do:

1) Put all your change in your right pocket.

2) Now tie your left shoe in a double knot.

3) Now turn your hat backwards and put a blue tee behind your right ear.

4) Now stop hittin' those chilli dippers up Lee Jansen's ass!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright Yami her's what you do:

1) Put all your change in your right pocket.

2) Now tie your left shoe in a double knot.

3) Now turn your hat backwards and put a blue tee behind your right ear.

4) Now stop hittin' those chilli dippers up Lee Jansen's ass!
I Love That movie!

Thanks guys for all the MOJO. I must say it paid off!!!!!! Decided to cover some water and look for that 1 hungry fish wanting my spinner bait. Well I found it. Skunk is over. 16" LMB

Gotta send some props out to my man fishinmatt. He and I were talking about my skunk and made me aware that it was very uncharacteristic of me sticking with one method and not switching it up. Well that conversation made me think and he was right. I wasn't staying versatile. I learned a great lesson, something I already knew but was just clouded and not thinking like I usually do. Thanks again Matt!

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Ok, here is the real story. A few Falls ago Yami and I are fishing up at Delavan. I have one large spinnerbait which was passed on to me another member (thank you Mike) of this site, which is a dynamite lure out there. I had always thrown the same exact color and have always done well. This particular day we caught some snakes working my favorite strech of Fall water over and over again. Yami decides to try the same bait with a different color. First cast he gets a 35''. A couple casts later a 32''. I decide to change to a Jake bait and a couple casts later I tie into another mid 30's monster. We ended up having an awesome day by changing colors as well as baits. Yami taught me a lesson that day so I was just reminding him of what he actually taught me. There have been days where I have caught fish on every single color X-Rap in my box, and I would of never have been that versatile in the past. I have never seen a guy so willing to experiment to find a pattern, which is definitly a key secret to Yami's success :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.