Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hopefully you can find solace in the fact that you are not alone. To say that reel is problematic would be an understatement.

Taking it back and having your money refunded so that you can buy a different brand would be your best bet.

If that's not an option you can always have Quantum fix it under their lifetime warranty.

Just be forewarned...lifetime warranty to Quantum means "You pay us and we'll fix it"...at least in my experience. :roll:

Sorry about your purchase.

·
Registered
369 Posts
while i agree with darth vader i just want to make it a point that their baitcasters are some of the best around, but their spinning reels do have alot of problems.

·
Registered
299 Posts
sent it back to quantum.. i had a problem with my tour pt, they got it back to me in 3 days (well 5 including weekend)

edit: put your email addy on your address label and they'll email you when they ship it back out to you

·
Registered
41 Posts
The best solution to this problem is to use a bait caster.

·
Registered
97 Posts
you cant use a baitcaster for everything :x like little jerkbaits flukes tubes senkos wackyworms and many other finesse techniques
iv also had problems with my energy to whenever i open my bail the bail comes off so i take an allen wrench and screw it back in but every like 3 trips it does it again. im done with quantum spinnin

·
Registered
340 Posts
HawgTide said:
you cant use a baitcaster for everything :x like little jerkbaits flukes tubes senkos wackyworms and many other finesse techniques
iv also had problems with my energy to whenever i open my bail the bail comes off so i take an allen wrench and screw it back in but every like 3 trips it does it again. im done with quantum spinnin
Technically you could use a baitcaster for those small baits. You just have to get a really expensive one that's designed to throw light baits. Most of those are usually always at least $250-300.

I think that's a spring that's broken on your reel and should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
HawgTide said:
I use a baitcaster for pretty much all of those things. But like PK said, you have to spend some $ to get a good one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.