Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have next Friday off of work and I am trying to find a place to fish that rents boats and is worth my time. I would love to fish Delavan or Geneva, but all I have seen are expensive boat rentals. Not breaking the bank on this one. So far I have Busse, Fox Chain, Shabbona, or Pewaukee (WI). If anybody has any other suggestions that would be helpful. I would prefer to get out on a boat as shore fishing opportunities wear thin after a couple of hours. I would even consider some inexpensive fishing guides as well. Thanks in advance!! :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And if anyone has a boat, and they happen to be going out fishing that day, and they don't mind a tagalong, I would be willing to compensate them for their time and effort. 8)

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Clancy Geneva bait and tackle rents boats for a reasonable fee 262 -245-6150 well at least they used to might be worth a call will bring boat to geneva or delavan. Also lake elizabeth on twin lakes had a rental when i was fishing outh there last summer.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume they come with motors as well?? Never heard of Lake Elizabeth. Might have to look that one up. :?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seebass said:
Lake Defiance??????????????????
I would, but I fish there a lot. I already know what to expect from that lake. I need a new place. :roll:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I saw a little rental going in at the Delavan launch a couple weeks ago. A white 14' aluminum row baot with a rental co. name and phone number stenciled on the side. Maybe this was one of the ones Coyote was talking about? I was driving by on 50, so I didnt catch the number or the name, but at least we know they do exist.

It totally looked like the kind of boat they would have at Geneva Bait and Tackle. Little old, little rough around the edges. Good stuff.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I rented from Geneva bait about 6 years ago was less than 65 bucks for whole day, and yes came with motor. Lake Elizabeth would have very little traffic next friday, and while certainly no Geneva has lots of Bass. and only about 600 acres.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like Geneva Lake Bait and Tackle finally has a website. They have standard rentals of a boat and motor for 63.33 all day or you can get a boat, motor, trolly, and fish finder for 100.00 all day. I can handle the 100.00 so the question now becomes Lake Geneva or Delavan Lake? Those in the know have any suggestions?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, maybe you're right. I am going out on Geneva on the 27th of June with my dad for his birthday/father's day gift on a guided trip so maybe I should hit up Delavan. Hope the weather holds out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.