Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some volunteers to help me take out students from IIT for a day of fishing. Sparrowhawk is an IPRO sponsor. http://ipro.iit.edu/

IPRO is essentially a program that allows students to work with real companies/organizations to gain valuable real life work experience, much like an internship. However, this "internship" is managed and supervised by IIT. The students of IPRO 358 (Sparrowhawk's Team) will help to develop the new hook I invented from business development to engineering. We have 14 students, most are seniors and couple masters students.

Some have fishing experience, however, many have never gone fishing before. This is where I need a hand. I want to plan a day to take all the students out for a few hours of fishing but I simply don't have enough gear nor the manpower in Sparrowhawk to manage 14 students. Not only will this help the students with the IPRO project, but more importantly, this gives me (and you) an opportunity to introduce our beloved sport to those who have never experienced the joy fishing.

First, I'm really not sure where I can take 14 college students. LOL. I'm thinking the big pond being close to school, but thats always a hit or miss. I wanna get these kids on some fish so they walk away "really" experiencing what fishing is all about. Second, as I mentioned, I don't have the gear to provide 14 students to take fishing. I only have 1 spinning outfit crying out loud!!!! LOL. Don't think baitcasting rigs will work too well. :mrgreen:

So...I was hoping some of you guys would like to help by donating your time and gear for an afternoon or morning to fish with these students. I would love it if at least 6-8 of you could help but ultimately, it would be ideal if each student could have a mentor of their own so they can receive "one on one" instruction by you pros.

This is not confirmed yet. I have to see if this can be pulled off with so many students and numerous schedules. Hopefully towards end of June or early July.

Please let me know if you would like to help. Also, suggestions on where to fish would be greatly appreciated.

FYI: couple of cute girls are in Sparrowhawk's team!! :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K2theFizzish said:
Also, I work at my family's biz called Wireformers Inc. we make hooks and springs n such outa different gages and types of metal wires.. so if you're designing sum kind of new fishing hook, i can make um here or give you info if needed..
very cool k2. pm your company/contact info. thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Met with the sparrowhawk ipro team yesterday and told them about our planned trip. they were so excited that pros from wcf will be there to teach/mentor them. i gotta to tell you that i'm more excited to introduce our sport to them, many of whom have never gone fishing before. as suggested by some, i'm thinking the lake front for some perchin. tentative date and location is Sunday evening June 28th at Montrose Harbor (easy parking and access). 5PM to whenever. hopefully weather and fish will cooperate.

Hopefully the entire team will make it but I doubt it. I'm hoping 8-10 from the team will be able to participate. Please post here if you are available June 28th around 5PM. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Augy, the IIT IPRO is a great thing. My son will be a senior at IIT in the Fall and he has done 2 of them already. It's a win-win for everybody. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Date and location is set. June 28th, Sunday at 5pm at Montrose harbor. Plan is to meet up at the mouth of the harbor. Please let me know if you can come by and help us out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.