Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out last wednesday to a local pond i frequent since it's so close to my house. I Hoped the day would be productive since there were strong sw winds ripping across the lake and temps were rising with alot o sun. I started of throwing my bandit, but quickly lost it in a tree, after loosing my prime confisdence bait for this time of year, i switched it up to a chatter bait and continued fishing. the day started slow but picked up after an hour or so, once I located good fish. first caught a couple dinks then ended up pulling a 16", a 17", and a nice 20" who was definitely feeding, along with a hand full of 13-15 inchers. The fish were feeding up on the windy part of the lake where I hope the baitfish would be schooling. caught all of the nice fish on the chatter bait and a dink on a rattle trap. all in all, an extremely successful day considering i have never seen anything bigger than an 18 outta this lake, not have i ever caught more than one fish over 16" in one visit. Sweet day, i hope the good spring continues. I was also out with my buddy brian, but unfortunatly he didnt catch much.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, it aint a honey hole. I fished it alot, never had such good success, it has always been just a nice lake to go catch a couple, and rarely anything over 16'. I was just lucky, and conditions were excellent. spring always pops the bigger ones there. but i have outdone my last two springs there for sure. thanks for the compliments! i have read alot of ur guy's reports, and i figured it's about time i join up and start sharing. good luck on the water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.