Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin to buy a salmon net this weekend lookin to spend 20-30$ on it. Dosent have to be good or anything, just get the job done. I need along one though for those long drops off the harbor wall. I learned the hard way last year u need a net to bring salmon on shore.

Anyway i plan on goin to burnham this weekend and i got a few questions

With this warm weather will the ice be melted

Those gates that prevent u from getting on the boat docks are those gates locked. I don't know why they would be locked. If anyone knows that would be great. :D

THANKS
Dom

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
fishinnut28 said:
Lookin to buy a salmon net this weekend lookin to spend 20-30$ on it. Dosent have to be good or anything, just get the job done. I need along one though for those long drops off the harbor wall. I learned the hard way last year u need a net to bring salmon on shore.

With this warm weather will the ice be melted

Those gates that prevent u from getting on the boat docks are those gates locked. I don't know why they would be locked. If anyone knows that would be great. :D

About buying a salmon net, i need one thats long enough to get to the water a Burnham from the concrete walkway were everyone fishes. How long does the net need to be. Would 48inches be good. Please get back to me.

THANKS
Dom

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
fishinnut28 said:

THANKS
Dom
Was down that way today myself just futzin around no fishing stuff with me. Yes the gates are locked, I believe you can get a pier permit from Henry's(they have great priced frabill nets too) and they give you the access code or something but............... you don't need to do all that you can fish anywhere from shore and it's just as good. Inside the harbor the west side is the deepest. If your adventurous just follow the path to the mouth of the harbor on either side and fish. I see salmon guys there all the time :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jnapodano said:
fishinnut28 said:

THANKS
Dom
Was down that way today myself just futzin around no fishing stuff with me. Yes the gates are locked, I believe you can get a pier permit from Henry's(they have great priced frabill nets too) and they give you the access code or something but............... you don't need to do all that you can fish anywhere from shore and it's just as good. Inside the harbor the west side is the deepest. If your adventurous just follow the path to the mouth of the harbor on either side and fish. I see salmon guys there all the time :)
u mean by pier permit u mean get that parking pass. How much is that. and how long of net would u say i need. I cant afford a 40 or 50 $ net
Im thinkin of a cheap 20-30$ net

and is there ice on the harbor now or no

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.