1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
why not just wade it if anything. some area are really shallow. but an inftable. yall are crazzy. I would have a hole in that raft the minute I put my rods down. 6 or 7 rods rigged up is not a good thing... :?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
or even fish from shore, I cna cast across that river... LOL

I hate to say it, But I would laugh seeing the car with the raft inftated going down the road. LOL

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
I have the exact same inflatable. One thing to keep in mind - it is not legal on the DPR as it is considered a Cook County Forest Preserve water (not sure about the Lake County portion).

There are certainly sections of the DPR where a boat will be of great assistance as shore access and wading are not really an option.

·
Registered
513 Posts
:lol: aaahahaha! :lol: "Fish Hunter." Now, THAT'S classic.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
You guys reming me when I wanted to put a small 12 hp Diesel engine on a home made welded mini-bike. LOL some good ideas though, but you might need something more securable.

The mini-bike ended up with a 5 hp Briggs and Straton since the shaft was not fitabkle for a flywheel to work on the diesel :cry:

This was when I was like 8 years old tho. My garage was my toy shop! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Thats awesome! Way to make it work!

That picture of the motor reminds me of one time on my little boat many years ago. I had put my row boat in and set my motor on the back. After cruising full speed for a few min I idled up to a spot and popped it into reverse to position myself. Well, the motor was not clamped down at all. Reverse made it jump off the transom and I was only holding on by the throttle. Of course the way it fell off caused the throttle handle to turn wide open. I didnt end up loosing the motor, but the next few seconds were something I would never like to repeat. Anyway, it looks like operating that raft would feel that way all the time. :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we are just there for the fun of boating, fishing is just an excuse to go boating.

for the guy saying it is ilegual. I checked all laws and what we are doing is completily legual.

here is the boat i used to have last year i used to be docked at a can at monroe harbor
https://flic.kr/p/2667305461
i think i miss boating and that is what brings me to the desplains river, i have owned a larger party boats since 2002 and this is my first year in a wile with just a dingy.

i love boating!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was just out on the DPR and my depth finder showed me that it is no deeper than about two feet. I coverd a large area near lemont and only found one spot that was about 4 feet deep and the rest averaged around a 1 and a half. I didnt know how shallow it actually was. Im guessing thats why there are not any flatheads in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.