Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I found this site while i was serching for info about the trout openers and this site has given me more than enough. But anywho i've been thinking about trying to get out this weekend but won't make it for the opener because of football practice saturday morning. How crowded is it Sunday or even monday?
would anyone be up for monday morning perhaps
thanks guys
moe

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Welcome to the site. Monday is definitely more manageable than the weekends. Depending on the bite on Saturday and Sunday, you should still have a shot at some trout on Monday. Last Fall, I caught trout two weeks after the opener. But this was probably due to the slow bite on opening weekend. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
it gets harder and harder to catch these trout as the weekend progresses. not because there are fewer fish, but because these trout get absolutely pounded with pressure. i would say these trout see more pressure in one hour than most fish see all summer long. sooner the better.

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Welcome to the site, Moe. Glad you found us.

The trout are usually around for a week or two, but like the guys said, the majority are caught in the opening weekend. With the warmer weather expected this weekend, it could be a real madhouse. But i'm sure you can get on some trout come Monday.

Good luck. Let us know how you do.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but if you miss it I wouldn't consider it any big loss. I used to go to Axehead with my dad because he was a fly fisherman so anything with the word trout in it he was all over.

But it was always crowded and any trout that were caught were the size of dink bass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.