Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
*brief story... I received a North American Fishing Club card in the mail today asking me to become a member. After doing some research online it seemed to be a bit of a scam :x However, I was able to stumble across this website!

I usually fish ponds and lakes and have always found the fox river to be an enigma. I constantly loose my jigs to the rocks, fish for hours without success, and get my bait stolen by sneaky carp.

This site seems to offer some great advice! What I first want to do is fish for some monster channel cats- I have the general equipment but am not sure what to use for bait. (I have tried catfish bait, livers, and even shrimp and had no luck :cry: ) I usually fish the St. Charles area but would be willing to make the trek pretty much anywhere.

Some advice would be great!

Oh- Here is my first fish of the year (caught and released today!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nice fish. Get some waders and go after the smallies you'll get some cats and everything else while chasing them bronze backs. I have seen plenty of folks fishing livers off the walk bridge at night hammering channels. i've seen more flats come out of Geneva but imahgine that's just because my neighbor use to hammer them there. Anyway, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
506 Posts
what north american fishing club is a monthly magazine. no scam i have recieved free gear to test out and keep. magazine is helpful too. has all fresh water fish articles not just bass. welcome to wcf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.