Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have a 30+ year old made in USA Johnson outboard motor that's semi-weedless, I can fish new waters at Deep Lake.

Last time out I motored all along the northern shore without fouling the motor once. Hurray!

This Saturday I hope to bravely motor into the lily pads in the NW and SE corners of the lake, hoping to surprise some bass or panfish.

I won't ask for anyone's secret bass fishing locations...

But I will ask, "Does anyone have a favorite hard to reach spot for fishing for decent size bluegills on Deep Lake? Or the ever elusive crappie?"

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Congrats on the new motor Rich. One thing I noticed last Fall was that the gills really moved in tight to the cover on the North Shore. In the September tourny our plastics kept getting mauled by the gills all day. We were just casting to the openings and crevices in the mats. I'm not sure how the fishing would be farther in though. As you know this time if year it gets super thick.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FishinMatt and Bassman for Life,

Thanks for the advice.

I'll try both techniques tomorrow.

Bassman for Life, when you say fish the edge of the southern weedline, do you mean its outside (northern) edge or do you have some other edge in mind?

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.