Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I will be able to go fishing to other places than the local pond i fish at.
I think i will need a new rod.I currently have a spinning outfit(Ugly Cat Rod+Cabealas Salt Striker)
I heard many good things about bait casting rod+reels.The rod im getting will be a Ugly Stick Tiger Rod,
just don't know if i should stick with Spinning or switch to bait cast.I have been looking at some bait cast reels,
but i don't know much about them.Which ones would you recommend on this site or if you know any other sites with deals,Please post.My budget is about $65,$70 Max.
http://shop.catfishsafari.com/category.sc?categoryId=6

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Chris,
It all depends if you know how to use a baitcaster. It's not as easy as it seams, but if you practice, you will be able to learn how to use it. I myself, prefer a low profile baitcaster(it fits better in your hand). I love using baitcasters for everything, except when I am using lighter line or lures. Then I would use my spinning reel. I have a few brands that I like; Shimano, Abu Garcia, Bass Pro Shop Johnny Morris, and Quantum. These are my favorite baitcaster reels.

FYI.. I am actually selling two baitcasters if you are interested. One is a BPS Bionic reel and rod (great for beginners), and the other is a Quantum Accurist w/ rod as well. They are like brand new. I have some pic's in the traiding post. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Alex :mrgreen:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.