Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a sucker for new stuff. I purchased a new 2009 version of the Shimano Curado 200E7. I can't wait to try it. I held it up to last year's model and it's half the size! Holds as much line as a 200 shimano reel but in a much smaller, lighter package. Go to Bass Pro and check them out. I bought the 7.0:1 ratio reel. The quality and feel is nothing like what shimano has ever made in the Curado level before. I'll match this one up to my MH 7'2" Shimano Cumara this saturday and let you guys know how it is.

Here's the specs:
The new 200's are smaller than 100's with the capacity of a 200
Aluminum Frame
Lightweight Graphite Sideplates (Aluminum Handle Side on 300 sizes)
Recessed Reel Foot
High Efficiency Gearing (HEG)
Super Free Bearing Supported Pinion Gear System (SF)
A7075 Aluminum Magnumlite Spool
Dartainium Drag
7 Bearings • 1 S A-RB BB • 5 Shielded Stainless Steel BB • 1 A-RB Roller Clutch Bearing
Variable Brake System (VBS) with Reduced Mass Hub
Super Stopper II
Assist Stopper
Drilled Handle Shank
Septon PV Power Grips (SV on 300 sizes)
Cold Forged AL Drag Star with Clicking Adjustment
Titanium IP Line Guide
1/8 Turn Easy Access Attached Sideplate
Metal Cast Control Knob
Double Anodized Spool and Handle
Disengaging Levelwind System
QuickFire II Clutch Bar
7.6 oz.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i spent $180 on mine. My Rick Clunn reel died. So I took it to bass pro to exchange it for a new one. They were out of the 6.3:1 Rick Clunn reels. They were giving me a $99 credit towards my next reel. So I needed another lefty Shimano Castaic. For a $10 difference between the Castaic and the new Curado. New Curado won. On the Shimano website there are a few really cool videos on the Curado. I'm glad they brought back the old green color.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.