Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this one up sunday at the Rockford Boat & Tackle Show. It is locally made so I figured i would try it out.

It weighs about 3ozs and is 6inch's long. It is actually a musky lure but looked so good in the tank I had to get one. They list for 13.95 but he let me have it for 10.00 since the show was almost over when I was talking to him.

I think I might have gone overboard with this one.
Here it is.....

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I use something similar to that. what I use is a great smallmouth bait for lake michigan. It's a Goby immatation and if you fish it on Lake Michigan, hop it off the bottom only about 4-8 inches off the bottom, fish around rocks with lots of algae if possible. (But algae can be hard to find out on the big pond) LM smallies love em! But I usually throw a 3-4 inch bait for that.

Dave

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have caught bass while fishing for musky with 8 inch swimmin joes. you didnt go overboard at all... you will get a couple big fish with that as long as it has good action and the visability is ok, remember that swimbaits catch less but they do get the bigger ones. just give it time... dont take it off after only an hour if you dont hook into a fish. you will be able to catch everything from musky and pike to the occasional bass .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.