Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend and I tried wed morning and was very uneventful. Thursday evening we tried again along the east side and each caught a small bass. Hers on a crankbait and mine a purple senko. We'll definitely be back. What time do the shut that place down anyways? It was dark when we left around 8:30. Do they send someone around before they lock it up?

brian

·
Registered
74 Posts
i was given a ticket at bellau lake at like 8. Sunset was at "7.45pm" So annoying. They need to have real times that they close. This whole closed at sunset thing is annoying. Technically they can give u a ticket whenever sunset is...

Interestingly, i was at the skokie lagoons and i heard a cop with a blow horn saying something about clearing the area... That was kinda funny.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Axe closes at sunset, but I've been there a couple oftime till about 8:30pm and it was dark until they kicked everyone out. Usually a forest preserve cop comes around and gets on the horn saying the park is closed, please clear the area. He just sits in his car until the lake is clear. they're usually pretty cool about it. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
At Axe Head the cops come by with the lights on and the mega phone and tell you it's time to go. Depends on who shows up some are nice(and some times funny) :lol: others are total assholes :evil:

One guy told me if I walk any slower he's going to give me a ticket..... :shock: and I was haulin ass because I was on the other side accross from the parking lot.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Heres August...
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.a ... ime_type=0

And heres September...
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.a ... &use_dst=1

Maybe you late evening fp lake guys could print this sunrise/sunset calender and keep them with your tackle, just in case you get hassled before sunset.

I was at Axehead on day last summer while it was drizzling a little. It was 5:30 and they closed it. I was walking toward the guy to ask him why it was closing 3 hrs before sunset, but he rolled on down the line before I could get his attention.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
All the CCFP's close at sunset. The times you actually have to leave depends on what time the cops get there. Axehead is notorious for closing right at sunset. Must be first on the cop's beat.

The very best advice I can offer is to plan on DRIVING OUT by sunset - not gathering your stuff or walking back to the car, but actually leaving by closing. That way, you will avoid the aggrivation of have a ticket issued. And the forest preserve cops LOVE writing tickets for this. Especially at Skokie Lagoons so be careful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.